Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for helping to protect people and places?
Our 3 Waters and Waste Team is seeking a Compliance Analyst to assist us in ensuring the services we deliver to the community meet all health legislation and environmental consenting requirements.
Our 3 Waters and Waste Team is a close-knit group of engineering professionals who pride themselves on close collaboration, high performance and continuous improvement. The team is well-resourced and exists within a supportive assets group - providing plenty of opportunities for professional development.
As Compliance Analyst for the 3 Waters and Waste Team, you'll be based in our Oamaru office and responsible for monitoring and reporting on compliance with resource consents, the NZ Drinking Water Standards and other legislative requirements, and for scheduling and following through on actions needed to ensure compliance with these.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A science-related or resource management qualification, or equivalent practical experience, and at least two-years' experience in an environmental or health compliance role
- Experience with data systems, management and analysis
- Experience with developing and implementing robust processes for meeting targets and deadlines
- Well-developed communication, computer literacy and report-writing skills
- Knowledge of the New Zealand Drinking Water Standards, and resource consent monitoring and application processes
A position description and related information is available on Council's website - www.waitaki.govt.nz
Enquiries regarding the position can be made to Michael Goldingham, Project Management Engineer, 3 Waters and Waste Team, by calling 03 433 0300.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 15 January 2020