With our vision to be 'trusted by our communities for exceptional performance every day', Watercare is undergoing an exciting transformation to become a strategic, customer-focused organisation that meets the challenge of rapid growth in Auckland.
We have an opportunity for a Process Operator based at our Rosedale Wastewater Treatment Plant on Auckland's North Shore.
This is an exciting and varied role and would suit someone with mechanical skills and previous experience with pumps, motors or a manufacturing environment. The successful applicant will perform a wide range of duties including sampling, monitoring, adjustment, cleaning, troubleshooting, and other operational and basic maintenance tasks. Operators are required to work individually as well as part of a team in any area of the plant.
Requirements for this role include:
- Mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Prepared to study towards achieving a National Certificate/Diploma in Wastewater Treatment
- Wastewater treatment plant experience is desirable
- Physically fit and motivated self-starter
- The ability to work rostered shifts that will include nights and weekends.
In return, we offer:
As the successful candidate, you will be joining a diverse, professional team where continual training and development is available. Be part of an organisation with a commitment to its staff and a commitment to the sustainable management of our environmental resources.
We offer a competitive salary and staff benefits package including:
- Training and development opportunities
- Life and income protection insurance plans
- Discounted banking package
- Generous parental leave
- Employee discounts at a range of large retailers
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with lots of potential for development then apply now through our careers website www.careers.watercare.co.nz