The Young Water Professional of the Year award is aimed at acknowledging and rewarding a young water professional who has made a significant contribution to the water industry and the general community. We are looking for individuals who have constantly demonstrated excellence in their role whether as a leader of people, manager of resources or in areas of technical or operational expertise. This award is for a standout person aged under 35 in the New Zealand water sector defined by their achievements.
How to enter:
- Entering could not be simpler – just complete each section of the form supplied.
- The nominated individual must be 35 years of age or younger as of 20 August 2021. Open to anyone working in the water sector.
What to include:
A. Curriculum vitae (including photographs) as evidence of achieving:
- a high level of academic achievement
- at least 12 months’ work or research experience
- exceptional achievement in his or her career
- outstanding communication skills
- commitment to volunteer activities.
B. Two supporting statements (250 words max each) written by peers of the candidate who work in the water industry. The statements must include telephone and email contact details of each of the referees. Ideally, one statement will be from the employer of the nominee. The second statement could be from a mentor, colleague, a Water New Zealand Board member or client.
C. A personal statement written by the candidate addressing each of the issues outlined below in the context of their working environment: (250 words max)
- an understanding of the role and purpose of the water profession within society
- importance of good communication skills
- the future of the water industry
D. Supporting documentation (optional) may include articles, media, conferences presented at and relevant websites. This is limited to a maximum of five pages.
- The winner of this award will receive a significant prize, including a suitable trophy, cash or in-kind goods or services.
Submitting a nomination:
- Award nominations open on 11 July 2022.
- The judging will be conducted by a panel of industry professionals.
- The judges reserve the right to not offer the award depending on the quality of entries. The judges’ decision will be final.