Date & Time
This programme has been designed to identify a framework to raise awareness, learning and development pathways and ultimately drive recruitment and attraction strategies to assure river management expertise for the future
Thursday 16 February
Full-day, 8-hour workshop
Council Staff – $200.00 discount
Rivers Group Members - 10% discount
Please mention discount when making the booking.
|Where to register|
Email Rachael Armstrong - Rachael.Armstrong@hbrc.govt.nz
Key learning outcomes
Familiarity with a series of tools useful for geomorphic analysis in river systems.
NB: Please note this workshop introduces these tools by way of demonstration and does not provide technical specialist instruction.
• Conceptual principles: The River Styles Framework
• Leveraging LiDAR and SfM surveys to map rivers’ physical habitat mosaic
• Manual and automated mapping approaches for channel, floodplains, and riparian areas
• Geomorphic Change Detection and NCI (Natural Character Index)
• Sediment transport principles
• 1D and 2D approaches to river morphodynamics
• Network-scale considerations: Geomorphic hotspots
• Mapping catchment connectivity
An overview of readily available Toolkits in Aotearoa New Zealand
Ian Fuller, Gary Brierley, Jon Tunnicliffe