WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course will suit potential proponents of MAR projects in local government, water utilities, industry and irrigators. The course will be valuable for urban planners, hydrogeologists, stormwater managers, environment protection health regulators and industry dealing with approval processes and inform policy makers.
WHO IS PRESENTING?
The course will be led by Russell Martin (Aqueon) who has more than 20 years of practical operational experience in Managed Aquifer Recharge. Highly experienced presenters include world renowned experts such as Dr Peter Dillon, Bob Bower and Clare Houlbrooke (Golder Associates), and Helen Rutter (Aqualinc).
WHAT WILL THE COURSE COVER?
• Introduction to MAR
• MAR Applications – International uses of MAR
• Guidelines and Regulatory Approaches
• Understanding opportunities and risks of MAR - Assessments
• Economics, Regulations and Consenting of MAR
• Establishing a MAR pilot project: Technical considerations/tools & applications – Injection Methods
• Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHP)
• Establishing a MAR pilot project: Technical considerations/tools & applications – Infiltration Methods
• MAR water quality considerations
• Establishing a MAR scheme – Engineering Considerations
• Operational Issues and their Management
• MAR Perspectives from New Zealand Water Leaders
• MAR Applications in NZ – Pilot to scheme
FIELD TRIP FRIDAY- 19th AUGUST 2016
Refer to last page of schedule for field trip details.
If you are a part of an organisation and wish to enrol a group (2 or more) for the course please contact us at email@example.com for considerable discounts.