Kia ora koutou
The Water New Zealand Stormwater Group is holding a regional stormwater group meeting at Hawkes Bay Regional Council offices. This is a relatively short function, for networking, update on the stormwater group, short presentations, looking at local stormwater issues by involving local practitioners, etc. It is an opportunity for stormwater practitioners to also showcase their good work.
In terms of speakers / discussions, topics are likely to include Water Sensitive Design, modelling, waterway management and infiltration. PLEASE LET WOLFGANG KANZ KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT – MAXIMUM 10 MINUTES.
Date: 1 November 2018
Venue: Hawkes Bay Regional Council, 159 Dalton Street, Council Chambers
Parking: 2 hour free parking on road if you can find a spot. Paid parking in NCC lots on Vautier / Raffles Street.
10h00 – 10h30 Arrivals, coffee & tea
10h30 – 12h00 Presentations / discussions (15 minutes each only)
• Sustainable Stormwater Management and Groundwater (Bill Noell @PDP)
• The development of overland flow path's as building blocks for integrated stormwater management (Damian Young @ Morphum Environmental)
• Gisborne Inflow-infiltration (Wolfgang Kanz @ Gisborne District Council)
• The estuary and Thames/Tyne waterways (Cameron Burton @ Napier City Council)
• Water Sensitive Design (Stu Farrant @ Morphum Environmental)
12h00 – 12h30 Lunch (Provided by Morphum Environmental Limited)
12h30 – 13h45 Presentations / discussions (15 minutes each only; if possible 10 minutes)
• Stormwater Issues in Hawkes Bay (Anna Madarasz-Smith & Rina Douglas @ Hawkes Bay Regional Council)
• Stormwater from an Urban Perspective (Matthew Kneebone @Hastings District Council)
• Estimation of Flood Peak Discharges (Alastair Barnett)
• TANK (Tūtaekuri, Ahuriri, Ngaruroro, and Karamu river catchments) Process and Policy (Rina Douglas @ Hawkes Bay Regional Council)
• Integrated System for Urban Storm Water Quality Management on Demand (Dr Kalyan Chakravarthy @ DHI New Zealand)
PLEASE FORWARD ON TO ANYONE THAT MAY BE INTERESTED (Planners, Engineers, Ecologists, etc.)
There is no charge associated with attending this meeting. We look forward to seeing you there.