Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
The Senior Network Engineer – Three Waters is responsible for reliably advising forward planning; driving innovation and new technologies. You’ll also develop in-house modelling and analytics capability. You will lead innovation in the Three Waters strategic data and analytic initiatives, and create and maintain a development strategy for QLDC’s technical planning tools, ensuring tools are fit for purpose and deliver on requirements that flow through to Council’s community outcomes.
This is an opportunity to be part of a close-knit, collaborative and talented Strategy & Asset Planning Team driven to make a difference in our vibrant community. The successful candidate will hold:
7-8 years’ minimum relevant experience required, or competence to perform at a Senior level
Relevant Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Engineering or Environmental Science)
- A strong understand/experience set in three core elements:
- Hydraulic and/or water quality modelling
- Project/consultant management skills
- General data analytics.
- Excellent people and communications skills, and a strong customer ethos
- Ability to work on own initiative and robustly prioritise workload
- Experience in local government and local government legislation considered an advantage.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Subsidised health insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will also be considered.
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/ or feel free to contact Mark Baker – Three Waters Asset Manager, to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Sunday, 19 July 2020.