The Water New Zealand Annual Conference and Expo occurs annually in Spring and an important component of the conference is the technical programme. The technical programme is assembled by a group of volunteers who form the Conference Technical Committee. The Conference Technical Committee assesses the abstracts submitted; mark the written papers, poster papers and presentations.
In response to a number of requests from people who would like to be on the Technical Committee, Water New Zealand has decided to call for expressions of interest from all members, including those “corresponding” technical committee members. We are seeking expressions of interest from individuals to sit on the Conference Technical Committee for a period of two years from March 2017. The committee needs to have a balance of expertise to be able to cover the breadth of topics which are likely to be covered by the technical programme.
The tasks performed by technical committee members are as follows:
- Marking of Abstracts – Each person marks up to 20 abstracts against set criteria
- Marking of Written Papers –Each person marks up to 10 papers against set criteria
- Attending the conference and marking the presentations. Each person marks about 8 presentations against set criteria at conference
- Attending the conference and marking the poster papers. Each person marks the posters and there are between 6 and 12 poster papers
We are looking for individuals with skills in the following areas:
- Wastewater Treatment
- Water Treatment
- Asset Management Planning
- Studies of the Natural Environment
- Pipeline Design
- Customer Support
- Network Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Industry capability (training)
- Data Management
- River Engineering
- Water Efficiency
- Small Water Systems
- Trade Waste
- Trenchless Technology
If you are interested in participating as a volunteer technical committee member please complete the attached expression of interest, indicating for which skill / discipline(s) you wish to be considered and biographical details (100 words maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31 st January 2017. By expressing an interest you are confirming that you are able to commit to fulfilling the tasks required of technical committee members, including attending the annual conference.
We are also seeking nominations through Water NZ special interest groups in some of the skill / discipline areas.
Successful applicants will be notified of acceptance by the 15 th February 2017.