The Site Safe Health and Safety Innovation Award will acknowledge and reward a corporate entity or individual who has developed an innovation which eliminates or minimises a health or safety risk in the water industry.
Conditions of Entry
The Site Safe Health and Safety Innovation Award is open to corporate entities or individuals working in the New Zealand water industry.
Submissions will only be accepted if the individual is a member of Water New Zealand or works for an organisation which is a member of Water New Zealand.
There are no entry fees.
The award submission should address each of the following:
of the innovation
- What was the risk?
- What was the mitigation?
- What was the solution?
- What were the safety benefits?
- What was the cost to develop?
- What was the cost to implement
- What was the cost saving?
- What is the wider applicability across the broader Water industry?
- Where has this innovation been implemented?
- Photographs and/or video footage of the innovation
- Are you an individual member of Water New Zealand?
- If not, do you work for an organisation which is a member of Water New Zealand?
The submission should be no longer than three A4 pages.
Submissions should only refer to innovations developed in the 12 months prior to the closing date for applications.
for this award are sent to: Amy
Samuelu, Water New Zealand by 5pm Friday, 9 August:
T: +64 4 495 0894
The total value of the package is currently $2500.00.
Judges and Judging Criteria
All entries will be assessed by a panel of four judges.
The judges reserve the right to not offer the award or offer an additional certificate of achievement depending on the quality of entries. The judge's decision will be final.
Wellington Water- Safety in Process
Recipients of the Award:
Watercare, Maintenance Services Networks Team
technical training centre
Safety in Design Process
Fulton Hogan John Holland Joint Venture
Hunua 4 Watermain - Tracto Inner Tube (Confined Space Elimnation)