Last week I indicated that we were monitoring Government announcements closely with regards to the current COVID-19 community cases. Today we have postponed this year’s Water New Zealand Conference and Expo until Tuesday 19 - Thursday 21 October, given it is extremely unlikely that COVID-19 Alert Level 1 will be nationwide by our original September dates.
The pre-conference workshop is now scheduled to take place on Monday 18 October.
We understand that this will cause considerable inconvenience and we appreciate your patience in these uncertain times. We are doing everything we can to ensure a smooth transition to the new dates. Our conference team will be in touch with sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and delegates to expedite this. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with them at email@example.com or 04 473 8044.
Our priority is to ensure we have a safe and successful face to face experience and we look forward to meeting all our sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and delegates in Hamilton in October.
Looking ahead, if groups of more than 100 are still not possible in October, we have another back up date early next year.
We look forward to bringing you a safe and stimulating conference with more than 90 presentations and 180 exhibition stands.
Again, I would like to thank everyone for your support and hard work, especially our Technical Committee which has reviewed 166 abstracts and is in the process of marking papers received by the deadline.
The Water New Zealand AGM will go ahead on Wednesday 22 September. It will be held via Zoom.
Ngā Mihi Nui
Water New Zealand CEO