Water New Zealand's Awards Programme plays an important role in promoting excellence and the contributions our members make, not only to the industry, but also to the community. The awards showcase outstanding achievements of individuals and organisations, and promote the water sector as a desirable place to work through our young water professionals awards.
Important dates and info
Nominations for the 2019 Awards are opening soon. Nomination details for each award can be found using the links below.
All awards are open to Water New Zealand members only, unless otherwise stated.
2019 Award Finalists
The 2019 Award winners will be presented at the Water New Zealand Conference Gala Dinner on Thursday, 19 September in Hamilton. Please ensure that if you are nominating yourself, your colleague or your organisation, there is a representative attending the Gala Dinner.
The Current Awards Programme consists of the following awards:
Innovation and Excellence Awards
- Ronald Hicks Memorial Award
- Hynds Paper of the Year Award
- Hynds Presentation of the Year Award
- Poster of the Year
- IXOM Operations Prize
- Veolia Health and Safety Innovation Award
- Pipeline & Civil Project Award
- Best Exhibition Stand
Young Water Professional Awards
- Beca Young Water Professional of the Year (nomination required)
- TRILITY Young Author of the Year
- Trainee of the Year (nomination required)
- 5S YWP Conference Attendance Award