Marlborough District Council is investing in Marlborough’s future by striving to provide the people of Marlborough with a great quality of life and a healthy natural environment. The region is a very attractive place to live and work, as well as the Marlborough Sounds and many wineries, activities such as tramping, mountain biking, and skiing are all within a short drive of Blenheim. If you’re looking for work life balance, you can achieve this in Marlborough.
If you have an interest in asset management in the areas of water, wastewater and stormwater and have some aptitude in GIS applications then this may be the role for you. You will deliver an effective support to Council asset management and have the opportunity to build on your experience or education that will allow you to develop your skills and knowledge in the Asset Management area.
The position could be an entry level role progressing into a career in technical administration/utility engineering or suit someone with experience in utility engineering. The successful applicant will require the following attributes:
- Be thorough and meticulous showing a disciplined adherence to standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach.
- Have good computer skills with the use of Microsoft programmes
- Have the ability to seek solutions to problems.
- Have an interest in water, wastewater and stormwater engineering and maintenance.
In addition knowledge or experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Interpretation and use of utility services plans and/or engineering drawings.
- GIS applications and geospatial data processing tools.
- Use of computer aided drawing programme(s).
- Surveying and GPS technologies.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, an asset management database would be advantageous.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 15 March 2018
Applications should be made online via the careers section of Marlborough District Council’s website where you will find full information on the vacancy and how to apply.
For further information you are welcome to contact Lavina on email@example.com