Solomon Water (SW) is a dynamic and growing State Owned Enterprise based in Honiara. To facilitate our vision of “Safe Water for a Healthy Nation”, we are looking to form an agreement with a water utility partner to work in collaboration with us to support our staff in building capacity and increasing technical skills and competencies, contributing to the creation of a sustainable organization that can deliver on its full range of commitments and projects.
This Twinning arrangement is an innovative one, and will require a partner who is happy to work with us on this program to suit current needs and develop as the relationship and in progress learning unfolds.
It is important to note that this is not a paid consultancy, but rather an opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to the water industry, The Solomon Islands and use this as an organisational developmental opportunity for the Partner and their selected staff.
The Twinning initiative will be funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) who will cover only those costs associated with travel, accommodation and per diems for Partner and SW Staff.
The successful Partner will support SW’s Operations Manager and Operational team leaders in improving the management of SW’s water and sewer operations.
- Willingness to deliver the Partnership on a pro- bono basis
- Significant Water and Waste Water Management Expertise
- Availability of skilled technical and trades people to participate and support the program
- The ability to have staff visit the Solomon Islands for short periods
- The ability and willingness of staff to provide regular mentoring and coaching face to face and remotely
- The ability to host SW staff in the Partners home location or operational sites for short periods
- The ability and willingness to mentor, coach staff and support with their growth and development with care and continuity
- A professional approach with the desire to participate in a Partnership of real and lasting value that will evolve, develop and support a close neighbor and developing country
It is expected that the Partner will provide support and mentoring on a monthly basis for up to two years with the arrangement coming into effect by November 2017. A formal twinning contract will be negotiated with the utility that best suits Solomon Water’s needs.
The majority of activities will be focused on technical development in the ‘hands on’ management of water and waste water operations provided by Solomon Water. It is also expected that the selected Partner will have the capacity to arrange for key team members to work alongside technical peers in operational roles within the Australian water industry, in a short term support and learning capacity.
SW believes that the opportunity to partner with a like minded and allied industry organisation that has both the capacity and experience in the water and utilities arena will allow its team to thrive and develop skills and capability that will allow it to continue to meet the current and emerging challenges and opportunities that face it in the development context.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please contact Solomon Water’s General Manager, Ian Gooden on +677 8960777 or +677 24028 for a full Terms of Reference.
To apply please send your response addressing the Terms of Reference to Ian Gooden - General Manager at email@example.com
Applications close on Wednesday 4 October 2017.
Find out more here.