Tony Hale, Waipa District Council is Water New Zealand's WSMG rep for NZUAG has provided the following update from the NZUAG meeting held 22 November in Auckland.
Welcome to the NZUAG Inc website. The New Zealand Utilities Advisory Group Incorporated is a joint consultative group of road and rail owners/managers and utility companies working together to create outcomes to benefit all road users and communities.
- AGM business conducted with Chairperson report & financial summary. Promoted need to encourage a more diverse board membership & importance of feeding back information to our membership organisations
- Previous minutes accepted
- The following are
- Code review next year and its launch at RIMS conference, how to promote and use of technology. Plan is to conduct seminars
- RIMs conference – went through draft programme
- Presentation from “before u dig” , they noted a lack of willingness from Council to share their 3 waters asset info ?, interesting observation and backed up by their data. Could be worth following up with WSMG ?
- KPI – feedback from survey monkey, interesting data received although at this stage more questions than answers. Some confusion as to who received the request, intention was to go via CE’s . Further analysis to take place
- Kiwi rail – update on site access systems (presentation to come out with the minutes)
- RCA forum – need to continue promoting the road corridor is property to property not just the black stuff
- Membership – needs a nudge at the RIMS
- Location of services – again seems to be various companies seeking to get competencies/training standards established. NZUAG unsure of its role but will remain actively interested