Thank you to all those who have provided initial feedback on GD06 – On-site Wastewater Management in the Auckland Region. We very much appreciate the effort put into the review of this draft. The deadline for feedback is October 12th, but we would much appreciate you sending through any major issues or questions prior to this date so we can address them fully.
Update of amended draft:
Based on feedback to-date, and some suggested changes, we have updated the document on the Auckland Design Manual website. Most changes are adjustments to cross references, corrections and clarifications.
The key changes we would like you to be aware of are:
- Section D: Wastewater treatment units –
- Adjustment to the text around Section D1.4.3 Septic tank sizing
- Restructuring of Section D1.5.5 – Types of system
- i.Removal of trickling filter
- ii.Removal of single pass packed bed filter
- iii.Removal of multi pass packed bed filter
- iv.Removal of diagrams for all “Alternative treatment systems”
- v.Removal of diagrams for all “Alternative toilet systems”
2. Section G: Risk - Additional comment around the need to design for climate change
Please do not hesitate to contact our team if you have feedback. And thank you again for your support. Please forward this email to others who may have been unintentionally omitted from this email list.