Water Services Managers' Group (WSMG)
The Water Services Managers Group (WSMG) is made up of Territorial Local Authorities or their agents who are responsible for the management of water supply, trunk sewers, local reticulation, sewage treatment and stormwater assets. This group was formed by a merger of the Water Supply Managers and Drainage Managers Groups in November 2007.
Management Committee for 2019/2020
- Chair: Martyn Cole, Kapiti Coast District Council
- Lorraine Kendrick, Water New Zealand Board Representative
- Kalley Simpson, Waimakariri District Council
- EJ Wentzel, Hauraki District Council
- Mark Hall, New Plymouth District Council
Major aims of the group
- Promote the interests and needs of 3 Waters with all sectors through Water New Zealand.
- Provide advice on new technology, best practice and share technical knowledge for the advancement of the 3 Water services.
- Involvement and participation in Regional and National Standards; provide technical leadership and advice.
- Undertake projects in areas of common need and interest.
- Provide a support network for all WSMG members.
View the groups objectives and rules here.
Membership of the group is available to one representative of any Territorial Authority or its agent having the role of managing water services and assets or wastewater services and assets and specifying the level of service received by customers. Members of the WSMG must be a Corporate Member of Water New Zealand and pay the membership fee to belong to the Group. In addition, the bulk water supply providers of the Auckland and Wellington regions shall be eligible for membership.
Associate Membership is available, on application, to organisations having the role of managing water, wastewater or stormwater services and assets and is either a fully paid Corporate Member or has a nominated staff member who is an individual Member of Water New Zealand.
Associate Membership applications shall be submitted to the Committee and will be considered on a case by case basis. A majority committee vote shall be required for acceptance to be included in the Group. The committee will determine the project levies allocation.
Meetings are held twice per year, usually in April and November.
Contact the WSMG liaison to find out when the next meeting is to be held.