Welcome to the homepage for the Water New Zealand Backflow Group.
The Groups mission statement is:
Our mission is to advocate industry best practice through education, conferences and forums, standards, legislation and guidelines.
The Water New Zealand Backflow Group is the pre-eminent collective of knowledge on backflow in New Zealand. We represent all aspects of the backflow industry, including manufacturers, plumbers, training providers, water suppliers and building compliance officials.
The Purpose of Backflow is:
- To determine the most appropriate mechanisms to further learning and skills development within the membership of the SIG.
- To assist Water New Zealand in developing cost-effective methods for SIG membership to achieve compliance.
- To develop Unit Standards.
- To develop Code of Practice.
- To provide a forum to discussion of matters particular to the SIG.
- To advise and assist Water New Zealand staff on any matters appropriate to this SIG.Whether in a technical, policy or training aspect.
We welcome your comments and feedback - please contact the Backflow Group liaison.