Do you have a keen eye for detail and enjoy getting things done?
An exciting opportunity for a positive and driven wastewater operator to join the Whanganui District Council Infrastructure team. This close-knit team of experienced professionals, provides the chance to work on and develop efficient, safe and economical treatment and disposal of wastewater at our newly commissioned Wastewater Treatment plant.
We are looking for someone passionate about delivering high quality service, who is able to assist the Wastewater Team to meet its internal and external compliance and reporting obligations.
This role is varied and will require the successful person to be able to operate and maintain our new wastewater treatment plant located at airport road, conduct necessary resource consent sampling and compliance monitoring. Evaluate problems and take necessary steps to remedy.
To be successful in this role you will need the following attributes:
- A current, clean drivers license
- Proven ability to follow procedures for maintenance programme
- Perform well under pressure
- Understand data and be able to draw appropriate conclusions
- Comply with all safe work procedures, policies and instructions
- Able to work weekends and participate in an on-call roster
- Support and participate in Emergency Management for the wider Council when required
- Being a team player is essential as you'll work closely with all the other members of the Infrastructure group, and at times you will supervise and work with contractors external to the Whanganui District Council. You will be a hands-on person not afraid to get your hands dirty.
If you are a hard-working individual who enjoys a challenge, is an above average communicator and eager to provide excellent customer service we want to hear from you.
Enquiries about this vacancy can be made to Dave Rudolph, Senior Engineering Officer on 027 453 9788. (Only online applications will be accepted for this role).
Applications Close: Sunday 2 May 2021
Interviews: Thursday 6 and Friday 7 May 2021
To apply for this job go to: https://whanganuidc.recruitmen... & enter ref code: 5450177. Applications close 02 May 2021