He angitātanga: The opportunity
Our Infrastructure and Environmental Services team is looking for a Senior Healthy Waters Specialist to work in our Wastewater team. This is a great opportunity to ensure the delivery of industry best practice and pragmatic wastewater solutions.
In this role there is a requirement for strong technical ability and integrity to effectively deliver and assist in the operation of high quality wastewater infrastructure projects. There is also a strong focus on health & safety and financial management in all areas of work, with an expectation that this role will build strong effective relationships with all stakeholders, aiming for best practice and achieving customer centric outcomes.
You can also expect to be:
- Working with the Small Water & Wastewater Systems team comprising of Lifecycle Planning and Lifecycle Management Specialists (Operations Engineers),
- Ensuring all projects apply prudent and robust business and financial management and support cost effective and high performing business operations,
- Ensuring that assets are renewed to complaint standards, fit for purpose and function as intended throughout their lifecycle,
- Collaborating with other relevant stakeholders and utility providers within the Council family (Infrastructure & Environmental Services, Watercare, Auckland Transport, Community Facilities, etc.) to ensure that issues are dealt with in a timely manner and our customers receive a high level of service, irrespective of which party is responsible.
He kārero māu: About you
To be successful in this role you will have strong experience in three waters infrastructure sector, with a minimum of 2 years in the wastewater management or operations area. Experience with local government would be an additional bonus.
We will also be looking for experience in:
- Project management of low to medium risk projects,
- Site safety and safety in design experience,
- Contract management and administration,
- Business case and benefit identification experience
Ideally you will have experience in software packages utilised by Healthy Waters or equivalent: including Horizon, Sentient, SAP Ariba, SAP Finance and GIS
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
Auckland Council is one of the largest local authorities in the South Pacific providing essential services and facilities to more than 1.5 million people. We are committed to environmental action and green growth to achieve our vision of becoming the world's most liveable city.
In return for your hard work, you can expect a flexible and supportive work environment. Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini My success is not mine alone, but the success of many.
You'll also have access to a range of fantastic Auckland Council benefits, including discounted Leisure Centre membership and a range of other partnership discounts!
If you have the required experience and a passion for developing life-long learners who think and act sustainably, then we want to hear from you!
Applications close: 14 May 2021