Civil Engineer - Stormwater
Do you like working on a wide range of projects that make a difference in the community?
Are you an experienced Engineer looking for your next challenge?
We are looking for an intermediate to senior civil or environmental engineer with over 2 year’s stormwater experience. You will be primarily focused on stormwater management, with the opportunity to work in other aspects of 3Waters and Environmental engineering.
Relevant experience may include:
- Hydraulics of pipe and open channel networks
- Catchment planning
- Water quality treatment
- Stormwater management plans
- Modelling – particularly in stormwater applications (prior knowledge of Infoworks ICM would be an advantage)
- Flood risk assessment
- Experience in other 3-waters areas, construction management, GIS, and Civil3D would also be considered beneficial.
Fluent Solutions is an Engineering Consultancy with a strong reputation and track record in providing Civil and Environmental engineering services to many public and private sector clients throughout New Zealand. We are a group of experienced engineers dedicated to career development and ongoing training for our staff. The successful applicant will learn from our experience and be supported by experienced colleagues.
Fluent Solutions has offices in Dunedin, Queenstown, and Christchurch. Our preference would be that you were based in the Dunedin office but equally, we would consider any of our other offices or anywhere in-between.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in Water Engineering or Civil Engineering. Such as a Bachelor of Engineering Degree, NZ Certificate, or Diploma in Civil or related engineering.
- Professional experience in the consulting or engineering industry.
- Experience dealing with a range of clients and stakeholders including local authorities, government bodies and commercial companies.
- Proactive attitudes, strong communication and self-management.
- Ability to work with remote teams to deliver projects to local clients.
At Fluent Solutions, we embrace diversity and have a culture that is built on trust and respect. We offer flexible working (where available) plus you will get to work with a team of dedicated experts who share a passion for making a difference.
If you think this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
To apply please send a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 6 August 2021