Are you a Water Technician looking for a fantastic new challenge in a beautiful location?
We have the perfect opportunity for you at the Waimate District Council!
Right now, we need an innovative and driven Water Technician to join our Assets Group and take responsibility for providing support to operate and maintain water supplies, water treatment plant and wastewater services in the district.
We're looking for someone who has previous experience in the water industry and having a good level of physical fitness, a full clean NZ driver's licence and strong computer skills are essentials of the role. If you have experience in basic process control, electrical knowledge or a qualification in Drinking Water or Waste Management, that would be even better!
Your day-to-day will look like:
- Monitor and treat drinking water and wastewater to National Standards
- Installation of new capital improvements, including supervising contractors to ensure appropriate standards are maintained
- Carry out repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance to water schemes
- Maintain a high level of record-keeping, including at pump stations
- Irrigate discharge from effluent ponds
- Maintain provided service vehicles, e.g. vehicle registration, warrants, road user charges and keep in a clean and tidy condition
- Water meter reading
- General site maintenance at utilities sites e.g. mowing lawns, painting and general maintenance as required
- Be proactive in leak detection
In order to maintain the best service for our community, part of this role will require you to participate in the on-call roster and respond to after-hours call-outs at times.
If you are ready to take on a challenging, varied role and make a real and positive difference to the Waimate District, then this is the role for you!
The Waimate District is welcoming, has affordable housing, good schools and plenty of outdoor recreational activities. Council's vision is to lead our communities towards a diverse, thriving and sustainable district. Come and join us - apply now!
Only candidates with the legal right to work in NZ will be considered.
Applications close: 14 November 2021