This award is to recognise a Young Stormwater Professional within the industry that has made a significant contribution to the stormwater industry, the general community, and has demonstrated exceptional achievement in the early stages of their career.
The Young Stormwater Professional of the Year is open to individual members who are under 35 years of age. The candidate does not have to be a Water New Zealand member.
The key attributes of a nomination that will be reviewed are:
- At least 12 months’ work or research experience.
- Exceptional achievement in his or her career.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Contribution to the stormwater industry.
- Commitment to volunteer activities.
Nominations will be assessed based on the following information:
- Cover letter (1 page) and CV demonstrating how the candidate achieves the key attributes listed above.
- One or two supporting statements (500 words max each) written by peers of the candidate who work in the water industry.
- Statement should reference back to the key attributes above.
- Ideally one statement from the employer of the candidate and the second statement could be from a colleague, a Water New Zealand board member, or client.
- Must include contact details of sponsors (phone and e-mail).
- Supporting documentation (optional) – may include articles, media, conferences presented at and relevant websites. This is limited to a maximum of five pages.
2022 nomination details will be available soon.
Young Stormwater Professional of Year
- 2022 - Richard Wilson
- 2021 – Jonathan Chambers
- 2020 – Matthew Lillis
- 2019 – Josh Irvine