Big things are happening in Water Services at Waipa District Council!
We have recently confirmed a fresh structure for our Water Services Team - a new model which includes thirteen brand new roles across all aspects of Three Waters; including leadership, technical specialist, and operational roles. If you're interested in working with us to build a Champion Water Services Team, delivering excellence in waters for our communities, then we want to hear from you. Our district is an amazing place to live, work and play, so come and join us!
About the role
First up is our Strategic Planning & Asset Team Leader. Reporting to the Manager Water Services, this role is responsible for:
- Leading a team of four direct reports, and an overall team of nine; and
- Leading Council's strategic direction for Three Waters, and working with key stakeholders across the organisation to ensure it is linked to Council's overall strategic direction;
- Engaging with central government, Iwi, regional and sub-regional bodies and external stakeholders as the face of Council;
- Overseeing the development of Three Water Activity Management Plans, and the collection and management of asset data.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A degree in Engineering, Planning or similar, or a lesser qualification plus significant experience;
- 8-10 years' experience in a relevant field, with at least two years' leadership experience;
- Experience with public asset engineering projects; and
- Experience building relationships with Iwi, sub-regional and national bodies.
If you think you have what it takes to be our Strategic Planning & Asset Team Leader APPLY NOW!
Please note, this is phase one of our Water Services recruitment - please sign up for job alerts via our website for updates when new roles are listed: https://www.waipadc.govt.nz/our-council/join-our-team