Auckland or Wellington
Water at Beca
Our multi-disciplinary team works across water, wastewater and storm water, as well as surface waters and irrigation; partnering with clients spanning the municipal, industrial, transportation, commercial, mining and agricultural sectors. Together we make things happen on projects throughout New Zealand, Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. As our clients continue to call on our expertise, we’re right there beside them and are looking for more great people to join our team.
We embrace the fact that people are our greatest asset. It’s our people that set us apart, and who our clients keep coming back to. Passionate about what we do and the culture we have developed, we believe that key to our success is the teamwork and collaboration fostered, not only within our Water team, but right across the Beca Group.
This commitment to our people, means that we understand that it’s not always easy juggling work with everything else life throws at us. Which is why we are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for all opportunities in the Beca team – in either a part-time or full-time capacity.
Building on our track record of designing some of New Zealand’s most significant Water Treatment Plants, we have a very strong forward pipeline of projects across New Zealand. We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Principal or Senior Associate Water Treatment Engineer to join us and work with key clients from our Auckland or Wellington office. You will be joining a well-established, busy and diverse team of water engineers and working on a wide range of projects across the local region as well as throughout New Zealand, Pacific and Australasia.
You will be responsible for leading the implementation of solutions for water treatment projects, which will also see you developing and leading project strategies and communicating complex project concepts and requirements. Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Directing a range of Beca’s market leading water treatment projects
- Leading job delivery, including building and maintaining client relationships, proposal preparation and taking overall responsibility for successful project delivery
- Providing technical direction, both to lead the process solution and to guide the other disciplines required to deliver an effective water treatment project
- Helping to grow the talent within New Zealand’s leading water treatment team
- Playing your part to identify and develop new water treatment opportunities
- Building strong internal and external relationships and maintaining a national profile advising clients across New Zealand, the Pacific and Australasia
You will have a Tertiary Degree in Chemical / Process or Environmental engineering and are accredited with a relevant industry body. You are recognised within the industry for your achievements and have a strong track record of project delivery, either within local government or the consultancy environment. Your keen understanding and passion for water treatment can be recognised in your achievements.
You are highly experienced in assessing and solving water treatment issues. Self-motivated, you strive for technical excellence and to exceed expectations. You are passionate about developing and motivating others, whilst ensuring that the team works collaboratively to meet project deliverables.
What we offer
A career with Beca will provide you with:
- Professional development opportunities.
- A supportive and caring work environment where you can bring your whole self to work.
- Support with relocation and immigration to suitable applicants
- Flexible working arrangements to balance your personal / family commitments.
- Opportunities to learn from our industry experts and technical gurus across the Asia-Pacific.
- Highly supportive environment of sharing and collaboration.
- Excellent benefits provided to all staff – including discounted health insurance, discounts on gym memberships, and a huge number of social club events.
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all
genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences.
Ready to make the move?
If you want to make everyday better, apply online today on the link below. If you have any questions, call Autumn English - Talent Acquisition Business Partner on +64 9 3365 954.
Visit our website to apply.
Beca is one of Asia Pacific's largest independent advisory, design and engineering consultancies. 2020 is a landmark year for Beca, representing both the dawn of a new decade and the beginning of our 2nd century. Throughout this year, we will celebrate our innovators, our thinkers, our explorers and our entrepreneurs; past, present and future.
We are a team of 3300-plus who brings a wide range of perspectives and expertise to every client and challenge, creating resourceful, smart solutions from our collective experience and insights.
While our experience has been 100 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging that gets us most excited for the future. www.beca.com.
We are currently recruiting for a number of opportunities within the Water sector, please visit https://www.beca.com/waterteam to find out more.