This is a unique opportunity. To Tatou Vai Limited (TTV) is a Cook Islands State Owned Enterprise responsible for the public water supply on the island of Rarotonga. It is expected that TTV will eventually be responsible for water management on the island of Aitutaki as well and its mandate will extend to sewage reticulation on both islands. TTV was created to manage the NZ90 million waterworks infrastructure project when it is completed. An ‘Establishment CE’ will complete his term in March 2020 and by that time he will have built a solid platform for a new CE to take the company to its next stage. However, there are still major challenges ahead which include:
- Consolidating the organization
- Further developing relationships with key Government Ministries such as Health, Environment and Finance
- Ensuring a smooth transition of catchments to TTV as the work on the intakes is completed
- Upskilling staff – particularly treatment staff.
- Establishing and liaising with catchment committees made up of representatives of the owners of lands in each of the water catchments
- Introducing fair and equitable tariffs which enable TTV to meet its operating costs
- Liaising with the public and NGOs
The CEO reports to the TTV Board. The CEO will build capability in the business through strong leadership and the development of trusted relationships with staff and stakeholders. Due to the relatively small size of TTV, the ability to switch between operational and strategic modes will be critical. Most of the freehold land in the catchments is held under traditional title by Cook Islanders so an understanding of and sensitivity to cultural values is essential.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- BE or similar.
- Extensive public sector water experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Sound decision-making and judgement.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Experience with and sensitivity to cultural matters.
- Exemplary character.
- Inclusive management style.
- Proven record of success.
A complete job specification is available from Tairi Herrmann and may be collected from the offices of the Cook Islands Investment Corporation in Avarua or obtained from http://www.ciiconline.com/vacancies/
All applications should be addressed to and sent to:
To Tatou Vai Limited
c/o Tairi Herrmann
P.O. Box 51
Or by e-mail to: Tairi.Herrmann@cookislands.gov.ck
All applications received on or before 31 October, 2019 will be considered.