This Event is SOLD OUT - please contact Pip Donnelly for waitlist
The establishment of new water services entities presents a unique moment of time to influence the direction we take as a sector.
To help ensure the reforms are informed by a collective sector vision, Water New Zealand are hosting four workshops across the country (Tamaki Makaurau Auckland, Kirikiriroa Hamilton, Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington and Ōtautahi Christchurch).
The Water Services Entities CEOs will join the workshop and networking drinks in their respective Water Services Entities area.
What outcomes should we be targeting for 2050?
- Te mana o te Wai - the importance of healthy water to health of the land and its people is understood?
- Environmental - carbon neutral, water circularity?
- Capability and education – water sector is a career of choice?
- Customer – value of water is appreciated, guardians for future generations?
- Smart buyer and social procurement – vibrant market supporting capacity growth?
- Digitally enabled – data driven decision making?
- Planning and standards – recognising three water assets are more than just infrastructure is understood?
What milestones should we see on route?
- Te mana o te Wai – part of the school curriculum?
- Environmental – green hydrogen from wastewater processing?
- Capability and education – achieving zero harm, workforce valued for expertise?
- Customer – potable water use is trending down, smart meters are installed?
- Smart buyer and social procurement – longer term capital plans are transparent?
- Digitally enabled – predictive asset maintenance programmes underway?
- Planning and standards – standardised asset descriptions?
We will share a short briefing paper with you prior to the workshop.
Networking drinks and nibbles will follow.