The Annual Report on Drinking-Water Quality 2015/16 was published on the Ministry of Health's website this afternoon 12 April 2017. A copy of the report can be found at: http://www.health.govt.nz/publication/annual-report-drinking-water-quality-2015-2016
The report describes the drinking-water quality of all registered networked drinking-water supplies in New Zealand serving populations of more than 100 people and their progress towards meeting the requirements of the Health Act 1956, from July 2015 to June 2016. The report comprises the level of compliance for each category of water supplier (large, medium, minor and small) with sections 69S to 69ZC of the Health Act 1956 and the Drinking-water Standards for NZ. Overall, 80.0 percent of New Zealanders (3,032,000 people) on these supplies received drinking-water that met all requirements of the Standards, compared with 79.4 percent in the 2014/15 reporting period.
- For the water supplies covered in the report:
- 3,699, 0000 people (97.6 percent) received drinking-water that met the bacteriological Standards compared with 96.8 percent in 2014/15
- 3,109,000 people (82.0 percent) received drinking-water which met the protozoal Standards compared with 80.0 percent in 2014/15.
- 3,732,000 people (98.4 percent) received drinking-water which met the chemical Standards compared with 98.7 percent in 2014/15.
- 3,032,000 people (80.0 percent) received drinking-water which met all the requirements of the Standards, compared with 79.4 percent in 2014/15.