This is an update on the development of Metadata Standards for the three waters network. This notification is to inform you that the standards have now been completed and are ready for implementation.
The standards can be downloaded here: http://standards.meta-connect.com/
- Please note, the simple and free registration process has been streamlined and reregistration will be required for those that had access to the draft standards.
To request/suggest changes to the standards please contact:
- Changes impacting the 3-Waters Standards – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes impacting the Building Standards - email@example.com
- Changes likely to impact on both Water and Buildings - David.Darwin@nzta.govt.nz
Included areseveral attachments below:
- The ‘workshop spread sheet’ – this contains a summary of all feedback received and how it has been actioned (though agreement at the technical workshops)
- The executive summary of the business case.
The involvement of LINZ and MBIE in this initiative is now at an end. Water New Zealand will be the contact point for any changes people wish to request to the water standards. Note however that the Government has decided not to provide any specific funding to implement these standards. Any implementation Water New Zealand undertakes will now need to be fitted in around other work commitments.
We are in dialogue with the Transport Agency to explore options to implement the water standards in conjunction with the roading standards. It is still our desire to run pilot trials with these standards with selected councils. I will keep you posted as developments occur.
Contact John Pfahlert at Water New Zealand if you wish to discuss this project.
- 260401 NZAMS - Sector Feedback by Workshop and Decisions - 30 June 2017 .._.xlsx
- Summary of the Detailed Implementation Business Case v 1.1.pdf