Welcome to the homepage for Water New Zealand's Stormwater Group. The Stormwater Group caters to all people involved or interested in the management of Stormwater systems in an urban context
The Stormwater Special Interest Group was established in 2001 and has a membership of over 400 interested people throughout New Zealand. Member interests are represented by an elected management committee, who operate under the wider umbrella of Water New Zealand.
The Groups Key objectives include:
- Assist in the definition and promotion of best industry practice for the management of stormwater within New Zealand
- Provide a platform for the advancement of stormwater operation and management in order to:
- Align with our responsibilities un the Treaty of Waitangi
- Protect and enhance the environment
- Protect people and assets
- Encourage innovation
- To disseminate information related to stormwater issues
- To provide a forum for the discussion of stormwater management issues
- To promote and undertake projects in areas of common need and interest
- Assist and provide comment on national industry standards and policies
- To promote lines of communication within all sectors of the stormwater community
- To promote education and public understanding of stormwater issues
Material on this site provides an overview of the Stormwater Special Interest Group activities, planned events, technical articles, projects and links to affiliated Stormwater sites.
Stormwater Group terms of reference can be found here.
We welcome your comments and feedback - please contact the Stormwater Group liaison.