Water New Zealand attended the annual partner workshop on the 5th December. A number of interesting projects have or are nearing completion that members may be interested in, some of these projects are :
- Open Slat for Seismic Resilience Evaluation of Buildings – A tool for assessing the expected safety, damage and recovery of modern buildings
- UC Triaxial Permeameter – A tool for testing the seismic performance of earth dams including seepage. (needed an explanation)
- Characterisation and screening of New Zealand stopbank networks – To inform knowledge gaps, relative service and condition levels, risk exposure, management and policy needs.
- Three Waters Resilience Guideline – A Beca project, finalising first draft now.
- Implementation Framework for improved renewals planning – An Opus project, A guidance document to improve pipeline renewals planning for gravity wastewater pipelines through evidence based decision making.
- National Pipe Data Portal – aims to collate and share data on a national basis in order to improve the models used to determine the useful life of pipes and the risk profile of the 3 waters networks across the country.
- Share wave Velocity – defining a NZ approach as opposed to some of the undesirable practises being used.
- Earthquake Ground Motion for Engineering Practises in NZ – NZS1170.5 defining a NZ methodology.
- Valentine’s Day Study – CCTV study in to how the repairs are holding up in New Brighton. Following the earthquake that occurred in 2016.