The Young Water Professionals Group is made up of young water industry professionals, based in the main regional centres.
The aim of Young Water Professionals is to facilitate the exchange of interests and ideas on water management in New Zealand. Its chapters are based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Representatives from each region meet on a quarterly basis to share knowledge across New Zealand.
Our objectives are to provide regionally based interaction between young water professionals and encourage younger water professionals and students to become more involved in the water industry.
Water New Zealand offers complimentary membership for young water professionals (up to three years post-graduation) and full-time tertiary students. Click here to apply for this membership.
If you are interested in joining the committee to get actively involved, or hear more about what Young Water Professionals is doing in your region contact your regional chair.
To participate in conversation online request to join our Groups LinkedIn page.
Networking opportunities with future employers and peers
- Discounts for Water New Zealand conferences
- Meet other young water professionals at Young Water Professionals events, usually held in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington
Exposure to up-to-date water industry news and events
- Fortnightly electronic flyer “Pipeline” with water industry news, events and training opportunities
- Online access to the Water Journal.
Technical information to assist you in projects
- Access to a technical library of best practice water, wastewater and stormwater info
- Access to a membership database with contact details of over 1500 skilled professionals.
The Starting Out in the Water Sector flyer produced by the Young Water Professionals is free to download and distribute at events or to anyone starting out in the water sector.
- Chair: Joan Davidson, Morrison Low
- Olivia Philpott, Watercare
- Phillip Johansen, Auckland Council
- Oliver Modricker, Projectmax
- Lucas Dufty, Downer
- Jess Brookes, Auckland Council
- Taiana Zenha, Filtec
- Chair: Lisa Mace, Beca
- Jules Scott-Hansen, WSP Opus
- Brendon Schicker, WSP Opus
- Jessica Hamilton, Jacobs
- Alicia Paulsen, Selwyn District Council
- Jeffrey Tuck, GHD
- Kathryn Russell, Canterbury District Health Board
- Marcia Ho, Aurecon
- Parsa Mohajeri, Lincoln University
- Chair: George Beveridge, WSP Opus
- Rhys Spicer, Wellington Water
- Michelle Chew, Wellington Water
- Tom Mulvihill, GHD
- Sarah Boone, Ministry for the Environment
- Amber Garnett, BRANZ