The Young Water Professionals Group is made up of young water industry professionals, based in the main regional centres
The aim of Young Water Professionals is to facilitate the exchange of interests and ideas on water management in New Zealand. Its chapters are based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Representatives from each region meet on a quarterly basis to share knowledge across New Zealand.
Our objectives are to provide regionally based interaction between young water professionals and encourage younger water professionals and students to become more involved in the water industry.
The Starting Out in the Water Sector flyer produced by the Young Water Professionals is free to download and distribute at events or to anyone starting out in the water sector.
To become a Young Water Professionals member, you need to be either a student or a young professional engaged in the New Zealand water industry. Members may register, using "YWP Category membership" and obtain non-financial benefits of Water New Zealand membership, for the first two years of joining.
If you are interested in joining the committee to get actively involved, or hear more about what Young Water Professionals is doing in your region contact your regional chair.
To participate in conversation online request to join our Groups LinkedIn page.
Networking opportunities with future employers and peers
- Discounts for Water New Zealand conferences
- Meet other young water professionals at Young Water Professionals events in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington
Exposure to up-to-date water industry news and events
- Fortnightly electronic flyer “Pipeline” with water industry news, events and training opportunities
- The Water Journal. Delivered quarterly to paying members of Water New Zealand.
Technical information to assist you in projects
- Access to a technical library of best practice water, wastewater and stormwater info
- Access to a membership database with contact details of over 1500 skilled professionals.
- Chair: Joan Davidson, Watercare
- Maria Utting, Watercare
- Phillip Johansen, Auckland Council
- Oliver Modricker, Projectmax
- Lucas Dufty, Downer
- Jules Scott-Hansen, WSP Opus
- Brendon Schicker - WSP Opus
- Anthony Doherty, Jacobs
- Chair: George Beveridge, WSP Opus
- Rhys Spicer, Wellington Water
- Michelle Chew, Wellington Water
- Tom Mulvihill, GHD
- Sarah Boone, Ministry for the Environment