The Young Water Professional Special Interest Group is open to any member of Water New Zealand (Student/Recent Graduate/Individual/Corporate Additional) who is under the age of 35 and wishes to connect with other young professionals in the water industry.
The aim of Young Water Professionals is to facilitate the exchange of interests and ideas on water management in New Zealand. Its chapters are based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Representatives from each region meet on a quarterly basis to share knowledge across New Zealand.
Our objectives are to provide regionally based interaction between young water professionals and encourage younger water professionals and students to become more involved in the water industry.
Water New Zealand offers complimentary membership to fulltime tertiary students and recent graduates (up to three years post-graduation). These members are automatically added to the Young Water Professionals Special Interest Group. Click here to apply for this membership.
Student/Recent Graduate members receive the same benefits as individual members except - not voting rights or physical copies of Water or Water Directory. Online access only.
Water New Zealand members under 35 can join the Young Water Professionals Special Interest group by updating their subscriptions on their dashboard.
To participate in conversation online request to join our Groups
Networking opportunities with future employers and peers
- Discounts for Water New Zealand conferences
- Meet other young water professionals at Young Water Professionals events, usually held in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington
Exposure to up-to-date water industry news and events
- Fortnightly electronic flyer “Pipeline” with water industry news, events and training opportunities
- Online access to the Water Journal.
Technical information to assist you in projects
- Access to a technical library of best practice water, wastewater and stormwater info
- Access to a membership database with contact details of over 1500 skilled professionals.
- Chair: Grace Stumbles, Jacobs
- Chair: Liam Allan, Pattle Delamore Partners Ltd
- Chair: Rumana Sayyad, Hynds Ltd
To keep abreast of the group’s activities: follow these instructions to sign up for group updates and activities, on your Water New Zealand dashboard. If you are not a Water New Zealand member, you can still sign up for association updates through Water New Zealand’s fortnightly or apply for membership.